Inspiring Curiosity in a New Generation
Herring Gut Learning Center in Port Clyde, Maine, fosters the economic, social and environmental resilience of coastal communities through student and public educational programs and partnerships that focus on marine resources.
Educational programs and services offered at our Port Clyde facilities, area schools, and in the field provide participants with unique training that encourages the preservation and economic development of coastal communities for present and future generations.
• education is the key to the economic and cultural vitality of communities
• every child deserves a quality education that provides them with the academic and life skills
necessary to reach their full potential as adults and compete in the 21st century workplace
• children who struggle in a traditional classroom need an alternative, hands-on approach to education to help them succeed
• effective instruction must make practical, meaningful connections to students' daily lives
• teachers need more hands-on teaching experience to spark their creativity and increase their content knowledge to improve student achievement in core academic subjects
For More Information